Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?

Go down 
+5
8Bit
Kini
Pursh
oze
Zuri
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuri
saviour of the lions

What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Empty
PostSubject: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 pm

What do you enjoy playing the most in PvP? Why?

For me, I like playing Prot monk to let the rest of my team do their job unhindered, be it keeping them clean of Conditions and Hexes, keeping warriors from bashing them with Guardian, or making an attack chain useless with Aura of Stability.
Back to top Go down
oze
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
oze

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 am

Warrior, not squishy. Dchop wins games. Control other team with movement. Run away and kill shit when get bored / too many gay hexes. Solo dumbasses who try to do dumb shit. Lineback and save monks when shit is going bad.
Back to top Go down
Pursh
saviour of the lions
Pursh

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 am

i like monk
Back to top Go down
oze
oze

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:08 am

Pursh wrote:
i like monk

benched until further notice
Back to top Go down
Pursh
saviour of the lions
Pursh

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 am

Why would you bench me?
I've been keeping this team together since the beginning, if u gonna bench someone bench Zuri. (He literally is everyone's bitch in match, no joke)
Back to top Go down
Pursh
saviour of the lions
Pursh

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:44 am

kk, time to get srs pursh style, troll-mode off.

I love playing Monk, many people seem to be puzzled by how I solely only play Monk in PvP, but no other role in the game is quite like it. Playing support has always been my role of choice in other games since I love the satisfaction of keeping a team healthy and up. Healing is almost catharsis for me, there is nothing more satisfying than catching a clean spike with a perfectly timed infuse or pre-patienting a party member from an evident spike to nullify the damage. I remember when I tried out GvG for the first real time back in NOVA roughly two years ago. I liked to think that I was a good healer back then through my accomplishments in TA (My team told me I was good! not me! this kind of fueled my arrogance back then) but I always knew that GvG was quite different to Arenas and was skeptical and kind of scared to begin GvGing. However, a very important figure in my GW life told me something that I still live by today, this person asked me why I didn't want to GvG, I explained to him my worries about how I was unexperienced and didn't want to throw the matches for my team. He then told me that monking in TA is MUCH harder than healing in GvG until you're at top 50-100 level, he also said how I can catch spikes fine and do excellent under pressure and that I have potential. I knew that this person said this without any hint of lying, I gazed through the text and realized that it came from his heart, since then I have always been confident in my monking skills and never doubted my incredible gift again. Anyways, enough with my inspiring story, I've just always loved healing, I guess the reason why I play infuse in GvG is primarily because its the closest bar to what I ran in TA back in the day, one day though I'd like to improve my prot skills as it is quite abysmal. Before I end this post I'd like to state my favourite monk players of all time.
1. Awowa
2. Soul Wedding
3. Stop Flaming
Runner-Up. Dark Fail Backline
kk, thats enough srs pursh, back to troll mode.
Back to top Go down
Kini
lion grown up
Kini

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:02 am

It's exactly the same for me !!

It's incredible ! :-)
Back to top Go down
8Bit
social lion
8Bit

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:31 am

That would be warrior. When you shine on warrior, everyone will see it. You have so much power to change the course of the game. With most profs, specially midline, I feel that your experience comes through in a more subtle manner.

Playing warrior is a combination of "micro" skills and tactical playing, as you must both be able to pick the right targets at the right time, but also master a few techniques that casters generally don't need to know.

I think that's about it!
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Grandma

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:09 am

Yeah I will go for warrior as well. However, as 8bit said, warrior is less subtle and its easy to see when you are shining. But also easy to see when you are sort of failing. Which is less cool since I am still kind of random in how games go. Sometimes I feel a little bit like how God must feel when he sends in a Tsunami that totally owns everyone, totally OP! But not always Very Happy I also enjoy playing anything with a spear because directable damage is just awesome and wins games
Back to top Go down
oze
oze

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:16 am

More people need to post here, gogo
Back to top Go down
Pyro
lion grown up
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:37 am

It’s all in the name really Fire ele, In fact any ele to be honest, they can be so versatile ranging from offensive (I love it when we get a good clean spike), snare to defensive.
For the past 6 years I have mostly played P vs E however I have decided it`s time Pyro went P vs P (was getting board VQing) + everyone else is doing it. I admit I am still a noob in PvP but I know I`m getting better coz oze and bloss are not shouting at me as much and I get some nice complement in RA. P.S. keep up the HA and GvsG coz I’m loving it.
Back to top Go down
Malice
lion adult

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 am

I wish I could name 1 but in fact I'm a bit of a rolling stone. I hate to be stuck on something, I get bored easily. GvG is in general the one thing in GW that doesn't bore me. However if I play ele all the time it can be boring. Even so I'd still say ele just because it's what I've been doing most of the time and even though I have been playing it most of the time it doesn't bore me unless I play it like 50 matches in a row on the same role. Of all builds I'd probably prefer snares, like they used to say back in the rawr-spike days; "snares are the key", I still believe they are. Snares work many ways, it's not so much for raw pressure but it's sophisticated. You can lineback lots by snaring the the enemy frontline, making kiting so much easier and then there is Blurred Vision if that doesn't do it. Then there is the tactical part of it, snare the right person at the right time. Snare the flagger when he's trying to get a flag in, snare people before they can break from the team to split of or snare people who are trying to get back to their monks or their base. I once described it as being a shepherd, trying to keep people together or trying to separate 'sheep' from the herd.

Other than ele I also enjoy playing Mesmer to make people go crazy and with my 200ms decrease in ping after reinstalling it's also a lot more fun now I can easily hit 3/4cast spells. Warrior has however been a new hobby of mine as you could call it, just bashing stuff and watching it die, trying to outsmart the monks and figure out when to hit d-chop or your next hammer bash is enjoyable. It's also slightly more satisfying to watch stuff die right under your nose than watching it from a few yards away.

Happy reading,

Malice
Back to top Go down
cors seel
lion grown up

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 am

I'm a bit like malice above me. It switches between mo/w/d/ele/r/mes and even nec sometimes. I'm not particulary good at anything, but i don't think i'm rlly bad with one. After a few games i'm bored of monking for example and i just want to switch. When i have good ping going bot mesmer in RA can be fun too^^. It just depends on my mood actually!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?   What is your preferred profession in PvP and why? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your preferred profession in PvP and why?
Page 1 of 1