Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

FA Mind freeze

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sawyer einherjar
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
sawyer einherjar

FA Mind freeze Empty
PostSubject: FA Mind freeze   FA Mind freeze Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Because i liked to play mindfreeze ele in RA i thought off a build to play in FA as well at first i was scared that you'd suffer to much from exhaustion since unlike in RA here you have 8 human players and even more NPC's you can target. But when played right the exhaustion wasn't really problematic.

[build prof=ele/any water=12+1+2 energy=12+1][Mind Freeze][Freezing Gust][Rust][Deep Freeze][Glowing Ice][Maelstrom][Water Attunement][Aura of Restoration][/build]

Weapon sets i use: 40/40 water magic. pretty much a must for making the work of interupters harder and have faster recharged skills. only have 85 energy with this set tho. That's why when targeting another ele for mind freeze of which i think they have full energy i switch to a 20/20 +15e -1regen +30 hp set (The +30 hp is a bit random but this was just best offhand i had Razz) which makes my energy go up to 100 yey Very Happy.
You can also choose to get a set with longer enchantments. I usually don't bother with that anymore while playing with a 40/40 becuase the attunement recharges faster most of the time anyway Smile.

alright so in FA you'll be wanting to join the purple teleport in the beginning. If one of the others at your side has a team speed boost that is nice cuase then you're in time to cast a nice deep freeze on all the balled up kurzicks. Else you'll be to late for the ball but can still continue to snare every1 on sight. You basically have 3 different snares. 1 hard snare [[mind freeze] one snare with a condition [[freezing gust] can only snare when there are no other water hexes on the target and one aoe [[deep freeze] snare. especially in the beginning it's usefull to be steady on your [[rust] spam, when there is loads of monks you should use it to cover the snares tho. You only want to cast this on the target of which your sure is gonna die. This becuase it will make sure you can upkeep snares on 2 targets with mind freeze and freezing gust! whenever you see some1 is gonna run into other to make them all balled start casting deep freeze on him for extra snaring. Now all you have to hope for is that your team m8's know how to dmg and help the turtle out in killing them. Especially in this beginning fase of an FA game you might be eagerd to spam your mind freeze. There is not really a problem with that as long you keep checking in on your exhaustion level. As long my exhaustion is not more then about 50% of my energy bar i usually have no problem at all. As soon i reach that target i just stop spamming the mind freeze for a bit to get rid of most of the exhaustion. The other skills still provide some snaring and dmg. It's important that you keep track of this and keep sometimes snaring with your normal snares becuase if your exhaustion gets to high you'll become useless for some time. next to that if you have shit load of exhaution energy ripping mesmers can become a bitch cause your out of energy fast.

Maelstrom + all your other skills (without mind freeze, keep that for random players that might show up) can pretty easily cap a mine back (except mb the command points the ranger armor is a bitch :S) Same for the gates. But this build is best for annoying monks behind gates. Becuase you can be those little ice imps which run around in the shiverpeak and always know to fuck you up so hard when your a caster. You just go mind freeze mealstorm and then keep spamming your dmg and more snares and rust for longer signet casting time. becuase a FA game lasts some time the monks start to know you tho and you start to know them. So instead of mindfreeze followed by maelstrom it can be better to cast mind freeze -> rust -> maelstrom so they won't remove the mind freeze directly. Sometimes just snaring a monk to prevent him from coming to his target is more then enough. Like the other day i won 2 matches because green was down and me and an ele went in to kill some green npcs. the monk that was outside green healing some of his teammembers saw us go in and tries to rush in as well. Mind freezed that sucker and me and the other ele had no problem killing some stuff before he finally reached the green area Very Happy. Mind freeze completly ownage for snaring runners as well. Best timed when they are next to a turtle and surrounded by the npc warriors.
Also sometimes just mind freezing stuff that are just wandering around at random places and then just leave them behind is a good strategie. Especially when randome healing monks or rits are wandering outside. mind freeze them and then leave them be. Killing them would namely bring them straigth back to their base. making them unable to move for 10 second in a forgotten place is thus way more usefull Very Happy
And mind freeze = great against any melee Very Happy

skills you might consider to take are [[blurred vision] (i sometimes miss it) or [[chilling winds] (11 energy 6 air) to get a 15 sec mind freeze. I dont really know what to replace tho. Freezeing gust seems like a option to be removed or deep freeze but then i miss out on the dmg and the snaring. I love snaring!

anyway enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

FA Mind freeze
Page 1 of 1