Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

Secrets behind Hawk-Eye

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grandma
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
Grandma

Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Empty
PostSubject: Secrets behind Hawk-Eye   Secrets behind Hawk-Eye Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:50 pm

So, did anyone watch this years Australian Open? There were some pretty awesome matches. And this:

What a hero.

Anyway, they have that cool system where a player can challenge the call of the line judge. I thought I would take a look at how it works, because that seemed exciting. What is happening to me...

Basically, there are four stages to this system of computerised line calling. There are multiple cameras set up around the court. Some smart image processing is used to identify the centre of the ball in each frame. The lines of the court are also tracked to make up for any camera movement. All this information is then fed into a part of the system that triangulates (what a cool word) the information from all the cameras to create a 3D position of the ball. The triangulation process is repeated for every frame, generating that cool 3D image of the balls trajectory. This is used to calculate exactly where the ball bounced on the court. It is surprisingly accurate. The players and fans then get to admire this spectacle of technological genius, although I think they are less concerned with how cool it is and more about whether the challenge is won or lost. But hey, we know it is cool.
Back to top Go down

Secrets behind Hawk-Eye
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: