Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

Trying shit and what it means

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oze
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
oze

Trying shit and what it means Empty
PostSubject: Trying shit and what it means   Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:15 am

Dan wrote:
Trying shit is changing what you are doing when you aren't being useful doing whatever you are currently doing. If something isn't happening where you are, and you have the slightest possibility of being useful somewhere else, go there. Don't worry about it being the right thing to do, and don't think about it. Just go do something. If it works, great; if not, don't do that in a similar situation again.

Examples of trying shit:
Killing an archer.
Annoying their flagger.
Running in circles (seriously).
Focusing shutdown on a different person.
Bashing someone else's face in.
Double-run a flag.

Edit: Custo explaining how to try shit: "Smgz just runs away when he see's something wrong, and I do it when I get bored. You can't power through a team all the time, so you can't just keep pounding away and pounding away. Eventually, you have to do something else...or you lose[...] You can actually watch a timer, if something hasn't happened for 2 minutes, you haven't gotten any kills or pressured anything, change what you're fucking doing."

More Editing: It just struck me that I did not explain WHY trying shit is important. You don't get better by having someone telling you what to do. Sure, you might learn that if, for example, they have an assassin in our base, we need to send an Ineptitude mesmer back to push it out. But that doesn't improve your decision making. There are very few times that you just need to know that something needs to be done rather than why it needs to be done (Coward/Shackles rit is fine alone; 2 Mindblast, split a monk or warrior+ranger). Also, those 3-4 seconds that it takes for someone to tell you what to do could be the time it takes for them to kill our split, drop a knight, kill the bodyguard, or anything else that makes winning the game more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Zuri
saviour of the lions

Trying shit and what it means Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying shit and what it means   Trying shit and what it means Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Bumped to make people read it.

Especially below.
More Editing: It just struck me that I did not explain WHY trying shit is important. You don't get better by having someone telling you what to do. Sure, you might learn that if, for example, they have an assassin in our base, we need to send an Ineptitude mesmer back to push it out. But that doesn't improve your decision making. There are very few times that you just need to know that something needs to be done rather than why it needs to be done (Coward/Shackles rit is fine alone; 2 Mindblast, split a monk or warrior+ranger). Also, those 3-4 seconds that it takes for someone to tell you what to do could be the time it takes for them to kill our split, drop a knight, kill the bodyguard, or anything else that makes winning the game more difficult.
Back to top Go down

Trying shit and what it means
Page 1 of 1