Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
the future of PvP Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

the future of PvP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sawyer einherjar
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
sawyer einherjar

the future of PvP Empty
PostSubject: the future of PvP   the future of PvP Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:52 pm

So how do you guys/girls think that pvp will gonna be now that they announced that big new update, where the will remove TA and HB, and introduce some new sealed deck set up.

Altho i think it kinda sucks that you can't get points anymore for the commander title, (since this is the only extra balthz faction pvp title that i have), i'll admit that HB is just some lost case.
Like every1 plays the same builds and it's only major tanking that you face. New guys that don't have all the skills from the 5 builds you can pick from are already faced to meet their doom. That just sucks. Also the hero AI sometimes can make you cry. walking into walls or just running around in the oppesite direction of where you flagged them will mean garuntee loose. The blue team usually has already the disadvantage at the beginning of the game in certain maps because the heroes will directly walk into the wall when flagged to the first shrine they need to go, where the red team doens't really have this problem. Next to that after 5 matches boredom already comes around the corner. The only fun matches i have is when i take some random builds, loose everything till i have a rating of less then 1000 and then i face some other guy with a rating less then 1000 but who also has random builds. Then it's just ftw Very Happy. The this i like about HB tho is that at least you get your points toward the title after each win.

Which brings me to TA. TA can be pretty fun. I always like it when we play a balanced team. And games against other balanced teams are just great fun and exciting, and when you win these it gives you a good feeling, feeling of accomplishment. But still you once again only have the choise out of 20 builds (bit more then in HB tho) and usually if you don't pick one of the avaible builds you're already in a disadvantage. But the most sucking thing about TA i think is that you only get 1 glad points only after 5 wins! and it's always so fucked up when you play a nicve balanced team and then face the lame ass show spike and shit and just loose just before you get your 5th win and your glad points. That just makes me so furious that i basically stopped playing it. Next to that if you don't have the right rank or the a team of friends you don't have high chance of entering this pvp in the first place. So yeah even tho it can be fun and i can understand peeps love to do it i think its broken and i'm not really likely to be missing it.

I just know it sucks for the players that do lots of HB and TA that it will just be deleted from the one on the other day. Both still have long lists (expecially HB) of negative things. but they are still the fun basis for some GW players group.

So how about the new pvp thingy that will replace them. Sealed deck. Surprised
This seems quite cool. There will come a new title with thise new pvp as well Surprised
that migth suck. Even if you have to use premade builds, if you have to team before you can enter it will lead once again to title discrimination. Cause you can expect that some1 with rank 5 will in general know better how to use his build then a rank 0. next to that you the rank 5 person is more likely to know more skills and there effects/counters by head then the rank 0 person. And how is this sealed gonna work? Exclamation because i read a lot of people saying it's gonna be like custom brawl. That's great Very Happy i love custom brawl. But that means every profession will get a fixed bar with no room to fit in some skills of his own. that's cool cause that will mean there is no meta (altho you will probally face a lot of noob teams with only smiter monks and rit healers -.-), But wait if there is only a fixed bar for every proffession that means that the anet people made those builds. and if those builds never change it will kinda suck. So these builds need at least to change weekly. But who's gonna make those builds then, since anet is already announcing that they are gonna do less and less because of people shortage Surprised.
But luckly i also read that sealed deck means that you have to pick from say 50 random skills (say 25 for each profession so 50 if you have secundairy) this will lead to be able to make your own builds with the fixed skills you can choose from. But once again how often will those skill packs change. if it's gonna be monthly only the first 4 days of the month are gonna be fun to play cause the rest of the month every1 will use the meta for that monthe with the skillpackage from that month. Next to that how are they gonna do it with persons that don't have all campains. What if say 18/25 skills are from cantha and you don't have that campain. that means you can only pick 7 skills for your primairy/ secundairy profession then Surprised. so that might kind a suck as well
And is armor runes gonna be fixed as well just as in custom brawl??!! with like only the headpiece availble to put in some random attribute rune of choice.
Anyway this sealed deck seems encouraging to have some fun pvp again, (since AB just completely died, winning with kurzicks is impossible and the map hasn't been in kanaai for the last centuary). But it probally won't be so flawless as anet things it will be. Even with costumebrawl you already always have groups of 10 guildies syncing it while only playing monk or rit. Just making it mostly impossible for normal entries to win from them. This will probally happen in the new pvp area's as well you'll only see full monk/rit teams, and that's gonna suck. Probally if they wanna do it right the should only approve 1 of each profession in each team. but that's never gonna happen. ah well it's my opinion anyway. i'm excited about it. and i'm sure gonna try it at the end of september.

Anyway i'd liked to hear some more opinions about the new pvp Very Happy.
greetz
Back to top Go down

the future of PvP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PvP :: General Pvp-
Jump to: