Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandma
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
Grandma

Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Empty
PostSubject: Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.   Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 am

Ok my freind mentioned this too me and his instructions on how to do it went a bit like this: "Just like copy ur GW, then do some stuff with hex rege or something and just like edit the files then u can play two copies of GW man!". And to be honest, wtf does that mean? Shocked

So i spent all of Saturday night doing it and by 5am I managed to do it, though not sure if it is the correct way. So here is a bad and confusing guide on how to do it. Before you start thought, you will need two Guild Wars accounts and quite a powerful PC.

Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to do it (they are a bit long i know, but it shouldn't take too long to do it all)

1. Ok, to start you need to find your Guild Wars file, which is probably located in your program files - open your "My Computer", go to "Local Disk (C: )", should be a file called "Program Files". Now open the guild wars folder and then inside there should be the Guild Wars Game Client, probably named "Gw". Make a copy of this file.

2. Now you need to go to "My Documents" and make a folder called "Guild Wars". Now paste Gw client in here and rename it "Gw2".

3. You will need to download a piece of software called a Hex Editor, which is just this computer program that allows you to edit binary computer files. Follow this link to download the Hex Editor - at the top there is option that says Download then just click where it says download here, which is the latest version.

4. Once you have downloaded the Hex Editor, start it up. Go to File and then you need to open your Gw2 file. Now click on the Search menu, and on the list there should be the option: Replace. Click on this and a window should open. Now select the Text String tick boxes in both the Find and Replace With sections. In the Find section type in "Guild Wars" and in the Replace With section type in "granisnoob". No press Replace all. This should open a new box with a number, highlight this number and press Ok. Once you have done that, save it.

5. Now you need to press the Start button on the desktop and then click Run... This should open up a search box for you, and in this box type in "Regedit" then plress Ok. This should open the Registry Editor. On the left hand side there should be a box showing some files. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and then expand the SOFTWARE folder. In this folder there is a long list of software folders and quite near the top should be ArenaNet. Right click on ArenaNet and select Export. Go to the Guild Wars folder you made in My Documents and save it there as "reg gw".

6. Once you have done this, you will need to edit your reg gw file. So right click on the reg gw file and select edit. This should open up a Notepad window and u need to edit the line that starts with "Path =". Now you need to change this line to the new location of Gw2. So change "Program Files" to "My Documents" and change "Gw.exe" to "Gw2.exe". Then press File and save it.

7. Now we just need to test it out. Go to your Guild Wars folder in My Documents and double click on reg gw, then click Yes and then Ok. Then just double click on Gw2 and it should load up (may take a while to load first time round). You can then load up your normal copy of Guild Wars and they should run together. If they dont, then check the steps and make sure you have done everything shown or leave a comment here/pm me in game. If everyone cant make it work then I have just failed so hard, and you will find me drowning my sorrows in GW alcohol Razz

So there you have it, the ultimate guide to running two copies of guild wars at the same time. There are so many things you can do with this, like syncing RA or JQ with yourself (check out the pics of me playing with myself in RA Very Happy )

Any comments or questions you have just post them here and I'll take a look.

Gran

Found a better guide: click here

Last edited by Grandma on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dekusvamp
lion expert

PostSubject: Re: Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.   Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:12 pm

old but gj copypastaing
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Grandma

PostSubject: Re: Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.   Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 am

well u link a site that gives proper instructions on how to do this, i couldn't find any. there might have been general guides to this kind of thing, i was only searching for GW specific guides that dont seem to exist.
Back to top Go down
dekusvamp
lion expert

PostSubject: Re: Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.   Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 pm

O well, nice guide anywayz
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Grandma

PostSubject: Re: Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.   Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:11 pm

well u were right, i found a guide while just scanning guild wars guru (not even looking for this guide). this guide is alot better and easier to follow so i suggest u follow that guide cos mine probs has some huge mistakes that make it fail Razz

click here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.   Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide: 2 Guild Wars on 1 PC.
Page 1 of 1