Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

Farming profits 101

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oze
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
oze

Farming profits 101 Empty
PostSubject: Farming profits 101   Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:50 am

"Oze, how do I make profits from farming?" I hear you ask.
Well, it's quite simple really. Lets take Vaettir farming as an example, for builds see the post by Sawyer here.

So how do you make a profit by doing this?
There are a couple ways you can make a profit from vaettir farming, and I don't just mean by selling fancy event drops.

Method 1
Firstly the simplest is to collect gold drops and perfect mods off the drops you get, then sell the useless golds to the merchant for ~300-500g per piece and the mods to players for varying values ranging from 1k to around 25k. This proves to be a relatively effective way to make profit from your farming and if you are doing this I recommend taking merchant stones to sell your golds without having to go back to the outpost every time your inventory gets too full.

Method 2
Materials. Salvage your whites, purples and golds1 into materials. Materials such as Iron and Dust are used constantly for consets so keep a relatively stable price in the material traders. Due to there being relatively high demand for these materials it is quite easy to sell them in Kamadan. Or you can make your own consets, in order to do this collect up all your iron, and dust (steel salvages into iron with a standard salvage kit) and using the consumables traders in each of Rata Sum, Gunnar's Hold and Central Transfer Chamber create a conset! Consets vary in value between 8k and 10k and sell like freshly baked cookies in ToA.

Notes
- Know your mods, which ones are worth keeping and which ones are not.
- Know what salvages into what and use your measure for measure inscriptions wisely2
- You can be genius and multi-task this with a character to get survivor so it's not just for moneys!
- Don't forget to talk to the Norn guy by the shrine at the start for norn rep points!

1Obviously if the gold has a valuable mod on it, take it off first.
2I recommend putting them on Ruby Mauls, Copper Crushers and anything else that salvages into Granite as it is valuble!
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Grandma

PostSubject: Re: Farming profits 101   Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:25 am

I need a bigger invent Sad

They should make xunlai chest summoning stones, now that would be useful. Do you reckon its better to just sell gold weapons? They are like 300g and probs more than mats you would salvage? Or do you reckon not?
Back to top Go down
oze
oze

PostSubject: Re: Farming profits 101   Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 am

Yeah inventories are too small for this!
I'm currently testing that with Bwuz, he is doing a 250 cake run and salvaging everything, I'm doing a 250 cake run and selling golds. Will post with updates when we're done.
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Grandma

PostSubject: Re: Farming profits 101   Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:10 am

ah awesome, that would be cool to hear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oze
oze

PostSubject: Re: Farming profits 101   Farming profits 101 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:43 pm

I've just finished my run. Total gold from selling gold weapons to merchant has given me just over 20k. I salvaged whites and purples and this has given me just over 600 iron and just under 300 dust (not including glacial stones), also around 400 wood (totally worthless) and 80 granite.

Will need to wait for Bwuz's results to say for certain, but from what I can see so far I'm going say that salvaging everything will work out more profitable in the end, unless you sell the golds as UNID for 700 each, in which case it'll be pretty close. (but who wants to do that, you lose potentially awesome mods and the wisdom benefit!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farming profits 101   Farming profits 101 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farming profits 101
Page 1 of 1