Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

Treasure Hunter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandma
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
Grandma

Treasure Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Treasure Hunter   Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Thought I'd list some chest running locations, would be interested to hear any others that people run.

Boreal Station:
Ye old basic chest running spot. Take a running build or a couple of paragon heroes with Fallback and Incoming then run. Spawns 0-2 chests each run. Usually best to just go as far as the wooden bridge, but always scan the end U corner and across the bridge. Use the zoning trick for fast re-entering.

+ Fast and easy

- Poor drops (note: no runes/insignias will drop here)
- Chest spawn not garunteed

Fronis Irontoes Lair:
Start in Gunnars Hold, no build required but need to have completed a few quests to do this run but they are easy and quick to do. Talk to Kilroy Stonekin to start the quest and just run through the dungeon, using Brawling Block to block any attacks.

+ Fast and easy to get to chest
+ Chest almost garunteed spawn

- Poor drops
- No zoning trick so need to run to start quest (syncs nicely with sweet title)

Zos Shivros Channel:
Requires more kurzick faction than luxon faction and the quest The Halycon Job. I might make a video of this but for now you can rely on a bad description (I talk like I expect anyone other than myself to read this scratch ). Start in Zos Shivros Channel and enter Boreas Seabed. Charge into the group of Kraken Spawn and die (attack them to trigger Clumsiness and if you are warrior, bring Frenzy to die faster and cos everyone loves frenzy). You then respawn in the NE corner. There are several possible chest spawns, one just outside the gate (if its there watchout for oni spawns, anti KD recommended); one directly south of the bridge (dont need to go down to look, can just scan from the top. If this chest spawns recall on one of the NPC's near the shrine lets you jump back up there or just die in temple then run down there); or start crossing the bridge into the temple (two chests can spawn in here, run until you can see the boss at the end then resign. Speed boost needed, jump also useful for escaping bodyblocks). Use zoning trick again for fast re-entering

+ Better drops
+ Quite fast

- Requires more effort

Bogroots:
Requires dual accounts and Shadow Form runner build. Start in Gadd's Encampment, teamed with your second account, and fill up the party with henchmen. Enter Sparkfly Swamp and run to Bogroot Growths, taking Giriffs quest. Enter the dungeon and kill the yellow Ophil, leaving your alt account by the entrance. Start running the dungeon route (check wiki for map if you do not know it), opening the chests along the way. Once you reach the entrance to the second level (check left of it for chest) rezone with your alt account (don't go into level 2). Re-take quest and do again. Gives 3-5 chests in around 4 minutes.

Tips:
A couple of speedboosts are needed.
A jump for escaping body blocks
Self-heal for the poison jet part
Clean invent on storage so you can dump drops on it and do more runs or bring merchant stones

+ Fast
+ Good drops

- Harder to run
- Need to run multiple accounts

General Advice:
- Buy cheap lockpicks (from our town if we own one, or ask me as I usually have some for guildies to buy 1.2K)
- Have a clean invent so you can do long runs with less breaks to sell
- Minimise the Guild Wars screen to a small box in the corner and watch a movie while you chest run or listen to the radio etc, something to distract you from the tedium that is chest running.

Last edited by Grandma on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oze
oze

Treasure Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunter   Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 am

beacon's perch -> boreal station? Razz
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Grandma

Treasure Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunter   Treasure Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 am

You know you could be right. I mean.. Anet just spelt it wrong on the map..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Treasure Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunter   Treasure Hunter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treasure Hunter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PvE :: PvE guides-
Jump to: