Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

JQ vital blessing monk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sawyer einherjar
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
sawyer einherjar

JQ vital blessing monk Empty
PostSubject: JQ vital blessing monk   JQ vital blessing monk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:30 pm

This is the monk build i usually play in JQ to keep the mines and have a fast turtle.

[build prof=monk/paragon divine=11+1 Protection=12+3+1 command=6][optional][Zealous Benediction][Dismiss condition][Guardian][Deny hexes][blessed signet][Vital Blessing]["Make Haste"][/build]

Basically you'll give the npc's +211 hp. This makes sure that all monks that only use a RoJ can't kill that npc at all as well that bombers rely mostly on degen to kill the npc instead of the dmg spike making it easier to heal it.

Becuase it has +211hp there is less risk in waiting till the npc has <50% HP to spam your Zealous benediction. Zealous is your major heal and if you cast it at right times you'll have not that many energy problems becuase of the energy gain. In the case you need an extra heal because your ZB is still recharging use dismiss condition. even if the target has no condition. Dismiss condition heals for more that orison of healing as long your target is enchanted, which he almost certainly is because you will upkeep vital blessing on him.

So the plan is. You upkeep vital blessing on yourselfs, which should give you something like 730hp. You run to the mine and in first instance you upkeep vital blessing on on of the npcs. Becuase of their higher armor versus elemental i usually go for the ranger npc. But the mesmer can probally be nice as well because of his anti melee/caster build or just go for the ele for his higher damage output. The second reason i go for the ranger tho is that he's always on one outside. which is fun cause then you can also chose to bond the ele at the other outside. They will be spread to far for aeo in the case all the other npcs are killed which is just great.
in first instance people will try to go for the npc non stop especially bombers will kamikaze about 10 times before they realize they won't kill the npc. Then they will try to kill you or go for the ranger shrine. Keeping your compass in sight is thus a must. This will help you to predict which shrine is under attack. As soon you see them come for the ranger shrine. You'll have to bond one of the rangers there as well. I personally take 3 bonds as my max. Because this will leave me with 1 energy regen thus still receiving some energy over time without having to use the signet. Sometimes i take on a 4th bond but only remperarly. When they stop attacking the ranger shrine you can choose to stop upkeeping the bond on that too tho.

most of the time i have no problem in stalling about 3 luxons for some times (1-2 minutes) while tanking with me and the NPC. (depends a bit on the persons attacking but usually it's no problem).

Since the turtle is slow he'll need a 24/7 make hast on him. But don't run all the way inside the base with the turtle like most retard monks do because this will lead to your bond being disabled and you'll be back to late to heal anything. if you wait for the turtle at the ranger shrine and run him from there to the mine and back to the ranger shrine it will be more then enough (except when it's the last turtle needed to win then you can run back all the way inside the base).

As said the bonding gives a nice HP boost to you and the npcs. But next to that it has a second utterly usefull effect. That will be that you can easily target the nps. You just need to left click on the upkeep icon and you have him selected for a heal. This just saves you the frustration of misclicking or trying to heal a retard npc that runs around like a headlesschicken making it impossible to select him. It's also nice becuase you can always check up the hp status of the npcs you've bonded when you're on a little hike to heal some team member.

The first skill slot. I used to have [[reversal of fortune]] in there but i think it actually ate to much energy for an effect that's not really that great. (dismiss condition heals for more and is pretty spammables as well). So at the moment i'm using [[divine intervention]] in skill slot 1. This one can be great to save the npc while you're casting blessed signet to get enough energy for a ZB. Downsize tho is that it doesn't acctivate on degening to death which sometimes is the cause because of the condition spam by rangers and bombers. Next to that sometimes the effect of it is a bit small because of multiple dmg done at the same time which lets you in vain about wheter it has been triggerd or not.

so the + of this build: you and the NPC got loads of HP
very easy to target npcs making healing more relaxing
speedy turtle
can nicely tank with loads of life and gaurdian.

and the - of the build: If there is a nice other monk in your team that heals your bonded npc you'll have
problems with getting ZB right which can burn energy fast.
Enchantment ripping can hurt a lot when they rip vital blessing. 95% of the time there is
no enchantment ripping on players tho
Sometimes energy might be a problem but this will mostly be the fact after you tanked
against 4 opponents for some time.

but yeah i enjoy playing this build because it's different from the normal HB/Woh monking. and with all the cappers and smiting monks in your team it's always nice if some1 is actually able to keep a mine.

greets,
sawyer

PS: you'll want a prot staff with enchanting Surprised long gaurdian (8 seconds) ftw Very Happy can probally use a 40/40 prot as well but never used that because can't be bothered to change weapon set ^^
Back to top Go down

JQ vital blessing monk
Page 1 of 1