Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Dragon Guild From Hell [lion]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHomepagethe guild wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WHERE DID YOU ALL GO, DAMNIT
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:55 am by Pursh

» To bad you can't push rams.
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» WvW Praise to commander gore
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm by sawyer einherjar

» WvW this weekend?
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am by oze

» GW 2 Dragon timer
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am by oze

» Thoughts on GW2
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am by sawyer einherjar

» What? Why are yoooou looking at Quaggan like that?
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm by Zuri

» fuck my life post about gw2
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm by sawyer einherjar

» Guild WvW?
Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am by Grandma

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Usefull links

Random Skill Tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dekusvamp
lion expert

Random Skill Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 am

I (Fire Ownd Ya Oo) and my brother (Throan Loremaker) Will be hosting a Random Skill Tournament.
You will get 6 random "rank 1" skills (elite skills) , 14 "rank 2" skills and the remaining 20 "rank 3" skills. Rank 2 skills are ones better than rank 3 skills (and also more commonly used ones).
You will in total get 40 skills.
Then you must make a build, only using the skills that you got that way.
Then you will fight a 1v1 match against someone else from the tournament using that build.
You are allowed to take Fox Fangs and Desperate Strike as long as you have at least 1 other Dagger Mastery skill in your build.
You are allowed to take Charm Animal if you have at least 1 other Beast Mastery skill in your build.
You are allowed to take any equipment with you.
The competitors will be paired randomly for matches.
The matches will be 1v1 matches.
There will be lots of prizes for all who participate even those who lose.
Of course, the prizes for those who win, will probably have more value than for those who lose.
There will also be a trophy for the winner of the tournament.

If this is a success, then we will host this again (Maybe with other variants than 1v1).
This time, it will only be for Guild Members.
If you want to sign up, either whisper Fire Ownd Ya Oo or Throan Loremaker (or any of our alter-egos) or just reply to this topic with your ingame name (Your main, the one that shows up on the guild roster).
Since my brother and i will be hosting this tournament, we will not participate ourselves (That would be the most fair decision).

Important: Remember to say if theres any of the campaigns you are missing, so you wont get the wrong skills.
Back to top Go down
Ares
lion expert
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:41 am

I like this a lot Smile even tho i'm the biggest pvp noob you've ever seen, i'll take a shot at it ^^
Count me in guys!
Back to top Go down
Grandma
Lion walking amongst mere Anet staff
Grandma

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:03 am

interesting idea, i like it Very Happy so yeah im up for it.

ign: Grandma Funk Ya All i have all campaigns, as do i think almost everyone Razz

btw, when are u holding it?

Gran
Back to top Go down
dekusvamp
lion expert

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:39 am

when everyone is signed up ( we will give them some time ), we will start giving out random skills, then we will give people some time to get faction to unlock or cap them (i can help with that), and then we will get them paired up, and do the first rounds.
But im not yet sure if its gonna be knockout or swiss
Back to top Go down
Paddymew
lion grown up
Paddymew

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 pm

We are basing this tournament on the cards from the "Sealed Tournaments" that ANet has been hosting a couple of times at different conventions. This means that we are picking your skills randomly AND manually.
So if you are wondering why it's taking some time for us to arrange it, it's because I have to cut out all these little paper strings with numbers equal to the number of PvP skills in the game.
...Which means between at least 100 and over 9000! (For those of you who use t3h intarweb for other stuff than GW Wink )
Back to top Go down
dekusvamp
lion expert

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:29 pm

yeah
Back to top Go down
dekusvamp
lion expert

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 pm

UPDATES:
This will be a swiss tournament, and if we are enough, we will do top x knockout
Back to top Go down
Gore Wolf Fang
lion grown up

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:53 am

Sounds Good, bring it on!

I'm sure most of the guild will participate when they log on, its a good idea to base the matches around the people playing them rather than a specific time for all the duels to take place.

Great work!
Back to top Go down
Ares
lion expert
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:04 am

Just wondering: .... What's the status on the tournament? is it still in progress or is it put aside for a while?
Anyways, i'll see what happens xD

Jah Bless,
Ares
Back to top Go down
dekusvamp
lion expert

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 am

Sorry, as me and throan have alot to do IRL, this can take some time.
We will probably do the drawings for skills soon, but it could take some time.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ares
lion expert
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:58 pm

There is no need to apologize for you Wink, i was just wondering, anyways, i'll keep an eye on the forums as usual.

- Ares
Back to top Go down
Ares
lion expert
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Once again i'd like to ask what the progress is on this event, or is it dead?
If it's dead, i don't mind trying to organize a new event or something, because if you ask me the guild is kinda dying... which is really a shame...
Anyways, i'd like to hear from someone what the status is on this event, i think i'd be a lot of fun, and brings guildies closer together ^^
If this event isn't going to happen anymore, also let me know please, so i can come up with other ideas.

Jah Bless,
- Ares
Back to top Go down
Paddymew
lion grown up
Paddymew

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:42 pm

I don't think the RST will commence after all, but I'm not sure.

However, Lisney Murdock has stated that ANet will remove HB and TA from the Battle Isles, replacing them both with a Sealed Deck Arena outpost. The reason for this is that HB has roughly the same number of fans as Ascalon Academy lol!

We don't know how this will be in terms of forming teams, but I'm hoping that scrimmages will be available. Very Happy

~ Throan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Skill Tournament   Random Skill Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Skill Tournament
Page 1 of 1